Netbeans 7.0 RC1 Released
Netbeans has been one of my favorite IDE for PHP, I have been using it in my day to day usage for most of my projects. I have been using Netbeans since 6.x. I know it's Java based IDE which needs powerful machine just like Eclipse. But some of the feature it offers are even not available in commercial competitors. One of the best feature is "Quick Search", the way it provides search through list of file is awesome. Something similar I have seen is in JetBrains PHPStorm but could not find it in Enterprise class Eclipse.
I have been following and using and following progress on Netbeans 7 since it's first beta release and I have noticed that it has improved lot as far as speed of IDE is concerned. Whenever your Netbeans 7 IDE freezes for fraction of second or two it immediately opens up a window to report an issue. With each beta (1, 2) and now RC1 speed improvement and especially intelligent auto-complete speed has improved drastically (compared to 6.x).
Here is the quick view of features supported by Netbeans 7 platform:
What's New in 7.0
NetBeans IDE 7.0 features the following changes:
- Introduction of JDK 7 support including editor enhancements (syntax, hints)
- Revamped support for WebLogic Application Server and GlassFish 3.1b43
- Oracle Database improvements
- HTML5 editing support
- Maven 3 is supported and bundled with the IDE
- Improved support for CDI, REST services, Java Persistence, and Bean Validation
- PHP Rename Refactoring
- Line wrapping
- Improved detection of external changes (native file system listening)
- Updates to the C/C++ support (remote file system browsing, library projects running/debugging, enhanced templates/specializations)
- Support for Git 1.7.х
- Additional enhancements are listed at the NetBeans IDE 7.0 New and Noteworthy page
For more about this release, see the NetBeans IDE 7.0 Release Information page.
So what's your favorite IDE for your programming language? Download Netbeans7 RC1 here.