If you are one who has ever faced issues due to people disconnecting from the Windows Terminal Server (RDP) and not logging off? Then here is a small change you can make and it will auto-log-off Users after specific interval of disconnection.
Open Local Users and Groups, select User and then right click and open Properties window. Click on Sessions tab. It will show up screen similar to one above. Change "End a disconnected session: <N>" to specific time you want after which a disconnected User Session will be logged off.
So basically this is a small trick to avoid issues while Users tends to forget to log-off their sessions.
I have faced problems in the past when maximum limit for Users to connect comes to an end and you don't have any choice but to Restart the server, even "mstsc /console" don't work..! I had such experience with one of the dedicated Windows server on 1and1.com.
- Installing Apache on Windows 2008
- This download has been blocked by your security zone policy
- MySQL5 Problem while creating new user – SQL Error (1133): Can’t find any matching row in the user table
- How to auto-restart Windows Service upon failure
- MySQL 5.5.8 – Problem while Creating new User (SQL Error (1364): Field ‘authentication_string’ doesn’t have a default value)