7 Things You Must Know About Your Customer
This is a follow-up to last post. To refresh your memory, we talked about the "7 Things You Must Know About Your Prospects."
This same information is certainly important to know about your customers as well. But your customer bios should be slightly more extensive. Here are the 7 things you must know about your customers:
1. Their Name: Nothing speaks to an individual faster than their first name. Use it to build your relationship with your customer.
2. What They've Purchased: If you know what your customers purchased in the past, you have a good idea what they will buy again. (And won't waste your time promoting products of little to no interest.)
3. How Often They Purchase: Individuals who buy rarely from you may need additional encouragementâ€¦more marketing. Whereas, consistent customers may not need extra sales pitches, but might benefit from a newsletter or coupon.
4. How Much They Spend (on average): Why spend precious time pitching products to customers that they can't afford? It might embarrass your customer, shows your lack of personal interest, and may cause customers to lose interest.
5. The Last Time They Purchased: Have you lost a customer without even knowing it? Who's still loyal? Who has strayed (and needs to be brought back)?
6. Each Interaction You've Had With Them: Documentation is important for obvious reasons. But being able to "recall" previous conversations will make your customer feel important and appreciated.
7. How They Feel About Your Business: Feedback from your customers is the best way to improve your products/services, meet your customers needs, and attract more customers.
Note: Remembering each of your customers and all of these details about them is impossible. Be sure to keep an accurate database that can easily store and retrieve this information for you--and make you look like a star to your customers!